December 19, 2009

Gettin' my craft on.

Lately I've been creating a lot.

I baked 8 1/2 dozen cookies the other day. They are Applesauce Raisin. It's probably my favorite recipe from the witches almanac. They turn out to be really fluffy cookies because of the Bisquik that is used. If anyone wants the recipe I will be glad to share.

I have my herbalism graduation coming up. So far I made a pain relief oil that will become an ointment very soon. I also made a tea for menstrual relief. A tincture has been sitting in my cabinet brewing and aspiring to be an aftershave. I have the ingredients for pretty much everything. It's just a matter of putting it all together. It's going to be a busy week next week. I can't wait to be finished. My list includes: Bath bombs, ointment, dog buscuits, room spray, capsules, cough syrup, and a steam.

On top of the herbal stuff I've been knitting like crazy for a coworker's grandson. I whipped up a hat for the nursery and a hat for christmas. She is also getting one more hat and a sweater. That will be worked on a lot this weekend. I'm giving knitting lessons to a friend of mine as I stay at her house for the weekend. I can't wait for work to end so I can make the drive. It's a much needed getaway. I love my friends in CT. =)

Once these are all done there will be photos of the process and finished products. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment