November 6, 2009

You're it!

Getting speeding tickets is like the unfair game of tag as a kid.

I was all happy to get out of work and get home. Joe and Elliot were with me and they were on their way to their first ostrich burgers and I was on my way to relaxation. Then a cop walked out into the road to ruin my day. He just pointed to the side of the road with a stoic look on his face. I didn't freak out at least. Joe said I'm probably the only girl he knows that doesn't break down and cry. Sure I was pissed, but when it comes to authority I'm the keep-it-to-myself pissed person. It gets me in less trouble. If you aren't authority my red-head temper can come out.

Well, 10 mph over the speed limit and I'm hit with a $95 ticket. Thanks a lot Pawtucket. I know it's my fault but $95 is a bit much. Especially in a state where we have one of the highes unemployment rates in the US. Luckily I'm not part of that statistic. I will plead no contest, but here's hoping I get a bit of a break on the fine. I may have a job, but I'm only partime and have rent to pay among other bills. Cross your fingers for me.

Just a thought after a text convo with Joe. Imagine getting in a car accident and just yelling "TAG!" out the window before driving away. I'm sure that would go over well. Hehe...

No comments:

Post a Comment