February 8, 2011

My first love

In high school I wasn't really popular. I was friendly with most people, but that's as far as it went. I squeaked by with B's and C's. I passed without ever writing a paper.* Thank goodness for testing well. I just wasn't an over achiever and I was a true procrastinator. Some things never change, though I've gotten better about the procrastination part.

I may not look fondly on my years in school, but there is one aspect I will always love. Music. I started with the violin for a year and then quickly moved on to the trumpet. I pretty much wanted to be like my big brother and that was the instrument he chose. I didn't put it down for a total of 8 years. I would probably still play it here and there if I didn't have to give back the awesome trumpet to the school. I was a total band geek and miss it.

Ever since high school I still get cravings to play an instrument. Lately I've been almost second guessing what I played as a kid. I kind of wish I played a string instrument. I think I would have excelled. When I hear music that involves violins and cellos I wish I could do that. Take Rasputina for example. I wish I could be badass like them. I saw them live with a dear friend of mine.



Another band I <3 Project! Seeing a theme here?




Yeah, I'm in love with the cello. If I ever get the time to learn an instrument again, I think this is the one. I really think I'd do well. Anyone have one laying around? :) Sadly, not a cheap instrument but would totally be worth paying someone to teach me.

So I really haven't gotten over my first love. How could you fall out of love with music? Once a band geek, always a band geek. Le sigh...

*Kids, don't try this at home .Writing papers is good for you. I was lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment