February 10, 2011

A little sidetracked

The Word Play of the week will be late this week. Normally, I post it tonight after working on it yesterday on my day off. Yesterday I was in a blah mood. I wasn't feeling creative in the least and today I'm just tired. I will catch up! You know those days when everything you've been dealing with just hits you all at once? My life isn't too bad right now. It's just some stuff that takes time to resolve. Till it does I have to be patient. No biggie. And when it does resolve you will hear about it. :)

You know what did make me feel better though? Dreaming of the tattoo I hope to get with my tax return. The tattoo I want is actually something I've wanted since high school. I think that is more than long enough to feel that I will like it forever. My plan is to have wings. I've decided to have wings like this guy below.


Click the image to see the blog source Beautiful Flying Objects

This guy is a snowy owl. I have a lot of reasons to choose these wings. I chose wings first of all because in all my dreams i can fly and very often its with wings. I have very vivid dreams, almost like a novel. I chose owls since they are pretty awesome. They are graceful and silent as they fly. It really is quite beautiful watching them. I also love them for their symbolism of wisdom, hence why they are paired with the goddess Athena. Heres hoping some of that rubs off on me. Finally, I enjoy them for their pairing with the moon and night time. Astrology-wise my planet is the moon. Even before I knew this, I was pretty infactuated with the moon as a little girl.

I have quite a few artist recommendations that I'm looking into. I think a realisticly inclined artist would be best for what I want. One of many perks of being part of the derby world, a lot of friends have tattoos and know who to go to. The boy considered the world of tattoo for a time, so he has an eye of what to look for as well. I love being surrounded by artistic people. If you have any artist suggestions feel free to comment with them. Wish me luck! Can't wait to make the 'I got my first tattoo' blog entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment