January 27, 2011

Word Play Week #1 Done!

So the snow has fallen and we've broken our backs to move it around. Life in RI goes on. :)

The word for this week was Blithe. I had fun with this one and I can't wait to see what you have to show me.
This was the definition that inspired me:


blithe [blaɪð]
adj
1. very happy or cheerful
2. heedless; casual and indifferent

When I thought about happy or cheerful, I went with what I've been thinking about a lot lately. Nature. I'm missing the greens but also appreciating the white and grays. I can't wait for spring, but as I mentioned in my last blog, I enjoy the peace. So without further ado here is my drawing that is a bit more than a doodle. Nature with a bit of make-believe makes me happy and cheerful so I have a blithe spirit because of it.
I added this to the Flickr Group. Hope to see yours either here in the comments or in the group, or both! :)

blithe

Medium: prisma colored pencils, prisma black marker.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I can draw. =) When do we find out about the next word?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys :) I'm sure you can doodle. Drawing takes practice. The next word will post monday. This time it will be scheduled properly so it will post in the am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it! i finished mine, i just need to scan it and upload :)

    ReplyDelete