January 18, 2011

2011 Goals

I know most people do resolutions, but I have more long term plans rather just one little event. I decided to set goals for the year. I might change my mind or decide that it's not something I'm interested in anymore. We shall see how the year goes. Now on to the list. They are in no particular order.


  1. Work on my physical fitness/Improve in roller derby.
    • Improve stamina in order to get less tired in a jam. Running and sprints!
    • Improve footwork and hitting.
    • Go to the gym at least a couple times a week. Bring the workout of the day from Roller Derby Workouts.
  2. Make artwork a regular part of my life.
    • Start up a weekly word for artjournaling/drawing/doodleing. Make a Flickr group so friends can share in this. Who's in? 
    • Post word on Monday and work on Thursday, along with friend's submissions.
  3. Improve my Artfire store
    • Increase my inventory! 
    • Have a nicer banner designed.
    • Make and/or Order labels
  4. Garden: Preserve and dry the results
  5. Become more eco-friendly
  6. Make my life more stable
    • Live in one state.
So I think six goals is just fine for the year. They are multifaceted and long term. I have a lot of work ahead of me. Nothing too daunting, I don't think. Tomorrow I start going to the gym, next week I'd like to post the first word, various things are in the works for artfire, garden is being planned, and six is in progress. What are your goals this year?

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed - as one who was once … umm … *addicted* to regular visioning, goal-settings, establishing critical success factors. planning, plotting … yet these days I stick with having a grip on the MustDos and flowing with those things I have a pretty darn good sense would benefit me, my world, and those with whom I share it! :D

    Absolute best wishes with all you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of the weekly word, i used to do that to myself as motivation, it's a great idea and fun to see where perspectives take that word. I'll join ya on this project, though sometimes instead of doing a crafty art, I may just do some free verse poetry as my interpretation, so collage, doodle, drawing, painting, writing, any form of creativity works :D Let's see if I can keep up with it, that's my biggest problem, start something but never finish. That's why for this year I made my journal project have a monthly theme so I don't feel so guilty when I slack on sharing lol. I look forward to this though, there are so many great words out there for you to pick out :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still developing my 2011 goals. So far, the biggest one is about fitness. I'd like to do the Warrior Dash! So, I've got to get more upper body strength as well as be able to run a 5k comfortably. Woot!

    ReplyDelete