Day 1: Vaca commenced at 3:30 pm when I left work. I hightailed it to Providence to see the PRD vs Montreal Double header. PRD lost but it was such an awesome derby bout to watch. I was so proud of Small Wonder who played her first bout ever and totally got MVP. That girl squeaked through many tight walls. I wish I could post the photo here but instead you’ll have to go to George Ross’s Facebook to see.
Day 2: Drop Zeus off at the babysitters and prep for Maine. Not all that exciting. Very busy day of errands, shopping, and packing.
Days 3 & 4: Drive to ME and enjoy the company of our lovely friends, Mike, Jen, and family. The photo below is a link to the set of photos from our trip.
Days 4 – 6: Canoe the Saco River with the boy and the pup.
- Spending time with an amazing family.
- Our perfect weather from start to finish.
- The little snake that greeted us and led us to our first campsite.
- Peaceful rowing along the Saco River.
- A group of four beavers that worked hard through our second evening right near our other campsite. They were so cute!
- Having to make car repairs that turned out to be only a hose to replace. Found an inexpensive mechanic after duct taping the crack to make it into town.
Day 8: The lazy last day. Ok, so it was relatively lazy. We did a bazillion loads of laundry, Charlie harvested a ton from the garden, we made just over 6 jars of half sour pickles, and enjoyed an episode of True Blood before crashing into bed.