April 4, 2010

Birthday Surprise!

Here's my account of a lovely Sunday suprise. You should check out the one by the birthday girl over here! She has great pictures up.-->http://jonirae.com/

My friend Joni has an amazing husband who wins at surprises. For a couple of weeks he had secret plans that I got to be included in. It was fun to hang out with her the week before and think secretly to myself "I know something you don't know!"

What were those plans? Well a surprise visit from Vicky and I. We then went off to an undisclosed location for breakfast (the Hearth and Kettle). The whole time we were traveling she had no idea where to. Breakfast was great. We were seated quickly since we beat the church traffic and all our orders came out as hoped.

Next came a trip to the next location, Borders! She had a shopping spree to take care of. I picked up a couple of books for myself. Maybe I'll let you know how they are in the future. They were Men of the Otherworld - Kelley Armstrong and The Forest House - Marion Zimmer Bradley.

During the shopping spree it was a waiting game. She didn't know it but we had one more surprise for her. Eventually the Huz (as referred to in her blog) asked her to take a seat. The birthday guest strolled up with a smile, a drum, and a guitar. It was one of Joni's favorite local artists, Kelliana! She was to have a private show in borders! Not a bad birthday at all. The show was great. She has a great voice. We only had one guy with major issues. He used a bit of profanity, stormed out with a plate clanging on the counter, and shared a few choice words with the baristas. We were all much happier when he left. Many of the other patrons enjoyed the random show along with us.

After the show we hung out a bit with Kelliana. She is so nice and down to earth. It's great to spend time with musicians like that. I recommend checking out her music. She has a great personality and voice. After a bit of chatting it was time to head back home. It was a wonderful day. I was exhausted and still had practice that night but the whole day was totally worth it.

2 comments:

  1. It was AWESOME! :) Thanks for being a part of my day :)

    And also... I haven't read your blog for a while. So gonna be more regular cuz I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem at all!
    Awr thanks! Maybe it will get you to blog more often again.

    ReplyDelete