March 31, 2010

New technology and replaced parts

For a while I've wanted a laptop. After some thought (and a purchase of a bike) I realized I really don't need a laptop. I still have a fully functional desktop and I just wanted mobility for a few activities. I wanted to blog, stay in touch with people when I travel around, and work on the PRD site from anywhere. I didn't really need a laptop for that.

I bought a netbook instead! So far I'm happy even though I've only had it for a few hours. The battery life is great so far. It has well over 6 hours to go. Not bad, but I'm not surprised since its a small little computer. It's an Asus 1005PE. It has way more memory than my desktop, which I find amusing. I thought I would be unhappy with a small monitor but I've grown used to it. I could easily do what I need to do with this. It's even small enough to fit in my purse.

It was funny how much the little cases were for it. After the bracelet I'm knitting is finished, I plan on making a cute case to protect it. I can probably use a spare purse to carry it no problem if mine is full. Can't wait to start it. =)

Now on to the new parts. I ordered new wheels and they are finally going to come in! I ordered them from Bruised Boutique a bit ago and I had to wait for them to get their shipment in. I needed something more grippy so I ordered Trackers. They totally clash with my skate color theme but you gotta do what you gotta do.


And the other new part of the day? Well I got my permanent crown so that means no more wiggly stupid temp crown. Temp crowns are dumb. I got a super cool souvenir though. I totally got the cast of my teeth. It's pretty fun and I think I'll end my post with this...


OMNOMNOM!


No comments:

Post a Comment